How To Get The Best Fit With Slip-On Sneakers
There’s no denying that sometimes, putting on sneakers is annoying. You have to untie them to put them on and then tie them back up to secure them. And let’s not forget when your laces get untied while walking, and you have to stop what you’re doing to tie them and inevitably fall behind the group.
If you’re tired of dealing with lace-up sneakers that are a hassle to put on and take off, consider trying slip-on sneakers. Slip-on sneakers are cool, casual shoes that you can easily put on and take off in just a few seconds. So for those days when you’re rushing out the door, you don’t have to worry about taking the time to tie up your shoelaces. Slip-ons make putting on shoes easier than ever before.
Rothy’s has a diverse collection of slip-on sneakers in different colors and patterns, so you can find a pair that matches your unique style. However, when shopping for slip-on sneakers, it’s crucial to buy a pair that fits you correctly.
But how should slip-on shoes fit, and how do you find your perfect pair? We’ll be discussing that and more in the article below. Keep reading to learn how to get the best fit with slip-on sneakers.
How to achieve the best fit with slip-on shoes
When shopping for shoes, you need to know your correct shoe size. There’s nothing worse than buying a pair of shoes, putting them on when you get back home, and realizing they don’t fit. For your shoes to be comfortable, they need to fit correctly. They shouldn’t be so tight that you can’t feel your toes, but they also shouldn’t be so loose that they’re falling off.
To find your perfect fit with slip-on shoes, you need to measure your foot size. You should get your feet measured regularly, as your feet can change in size over time and impact your shoe size. Always measure your foot length and width to find your size. It’s also important to get your feet measured at the end of the day, as your feet swell throughout the day. If you get them measured too early, you run the risk of getting a size too small.
Check that there's a tiny bit of space at the end of the shoe so your toes have some breathing room. If your toes hit the front of the shoe, you need to go up a size. It’s also crucial to walk around in the shoes you’re interested in before buying them to ensure they’re comfortable. If you’re between two sizes, opt for the larger size, as most people have one foot that's larger than the other.
Factors that influence how slip-ons fit
Various factors influence how laceless shoes fit, such as the materials of the shoes, the socks you’re wearing, and the shape of your foot. Some slip-on shoes are made of stretchy materials that can adjust to the shape of your foot, while others are made of more rigid materials that don’t have much give.
Wearing thick or thin socks can also impact how slip-on shoes fit. The actual shape of your foot is another factor, like if you have wide or narrow feet. Rothy’s City Slip On Sneaker is designed to have a wider, cushier fit, so they are ideal for people with a wide foot shape. The Original Slip On Sneaker is more narrow, so it fits more true to size and is best for people with a narrow foot shape. It’s important to know if you have a narrow or wide foot shape so that you can buy the right type of shoe.
Rothy’s sneakers have a soft, flexible upper, meaning no break-in period is needed. But that also means that they won’t change in shape over time. So if they’re too tight when you first put them on, don’t count on them stretching. Opt for the size that fits you correctly the first time you put the sneakers on.
What to look for when shopping for slip-ons
When shopping for slip-on sneakers for women, there are a few things you should look for. Keep in mind the following when shopping for sneakers:
- Comfort: Above all else, your sneakers should be comfortable. If they’re not comfortable the first time you put them on, they’re not going to be comfortable the hundredth. Prioritize comfort and ensure your sneakers won’t cause pain so you can wear them for hours.
- Durability: You want to choose durable slip-on shoes that can withstand repeated wear. Durability is a necessary trait to look for in sneakers. Fortunately, all of Rothy’s no-lace sneakers are made with high-quality, long-lasting materials that will look good as new no matter how many times you wear them.
- Breathability: There’s nothing worse than feeling like your toes can’t breathe in your shoes. Your shoes should have a tiny bit of room at the end for comfort and breathability.
- Cost: Good quality shoes don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. You should look for shoes that are comfortable and durable but also within your budget. All of Rothy’s sneakers are reasonably priced for the quality you get, and they’ll last you years.
- Sustainability: What you wear directly impacts the environment, so it’s important to prioritize sustainability when shopping for shoes. Rothy’s puts sustainability first and uses recycled materials to create all our shoes. We even have sustainable insoles that are 100% machine washable to keep your sneakers fresh at all times.
- Style: You should never have to sacrifice style for comfort with shoes; thankfully, that will never be a problem with Rothy’s laceless shoes. Our no-lace sneakers are the perfect combination of trendy and comfortable, so you can mix and match them with anything in your closet and always look stylish.
Slip-On Sneakers: Frequently Asked Questions
How should slip-on shoes fit?
Slip-on shoes should fit comfortably on your feet. You should have enough room in the front to ensure your toes can breathe but not too much that they fall off when you walk. Rothy’s has two types of slip-on shoes that fit in different ways:
- The Original Slip On has a narrower footbed, ideal for people with narrow feet.
- The City Slip-On has a wider, cushier fit.
Choosing slip-on sneakers that fit your foot shape correctly is essential, so always read the product details to determine which type is right for you.
Should you wear slip-ons with socks?
It’s up to you whether or not you wear socks with your slip-on shoes. You may be tempted not to wear socks, but going sockless can lead to blisters, chafing, and sweating. Instead, you can invest in a good pair of low socks that won’t show but will prevent blisters and help absorb moisture. It’s a good idea to wear socks with your slip-on shoes, especially if you’re going to be wearing them for long periods of time.
Keep in mind that The Original Slip On Sneaker is designed to fit comfortably without socks, so it’s ultimately up to you and your preferences. If you decide to wear your slip-on shoes without socks, remember that they're machine-washable, so you can just toss them in the washing machine when they need a good cleaning.
Do slip-ons run big?
Rothy’s sneakers will typically not stretch over time, so it’s crucial to buy a pair that fits you correctly. The Original Slip On Sneaker is designed to fit true to size, but if you prefer a roomier fit with your shoes, you can also go a half size up. The City Slip On Sneaker has a roomier fit that's best for wider feet and is made to fit true to size. You can also look at the product details section of the shoes you’re interested in to learn more about the fit.
How do I make slip on sneakers more comfortable?
Slip-on sneakers are very comfortable shoes that you can wear for hours. However, if you want to make them even more comfortable, you can add an insole. Sneakers can also get worn down over time, so adding an insole is a great way to freshen them up and make them more comfortable. Extra insoles can help keep your shoes in tip-top shape between washes.
Ensure the Perfect Fit with Rothy’s
Finding the perfect fitting shoes is challenging, but shoes are something you wear every single day, so it’s imperative that you find a pair that fits you just right--and you can do that at Rothy’s. With Rothy’s, we’ll ensure you find a pair of sneakers that you actually will want to wear every day.
Whether you’re shopping for Square Mary Jane flats or slip-on loafers, all of Rothy’s shoes are constructed to fit comfortably and look good. Scroll through our collection of slip-on sneakers and find the perfect pair of shoes you’ve been looking for.