If you are looking for the best loafers for men, you probably realized that there are a lot of options available. Loafers have become a popular shoe option because they are comfortable yet also a bit dressy.
They are among the most versatile shoes available. You can wear them around town, yet they are also office-ready. The best men’s loafers are durable enough to stand up to routine wear and tear. If you are looking for the best loafers, what are a few options to consider?
In this article, we will explore what shoes qualify as a loafer. We will dive into the criteria that dictate what loafers are, and we will detail why they are appropriate for multiple looks. Then, we will explore what factors to find the best loafers.
Of course, the right loafers for one person are not necessarily the right loafers for somebody else, but we will explore what makes comfortable men’s loafers.
What are Loafers?
Loafers come in many shapes and forms, but they have a few things in common. Some of the criteria that are universal among almost all loafers include:
- Loafers typically ride very low. When compared to more formal shoes, the top of the shoe is usually much lower on the ankle.
- Loafers typically do not have any laces. You should not need to tie them to wear them, which is why loafers are often called slip-ons. Some loafers have tassels, but these are not the same as laces.
- Loafers typically do not have any additional material for a heel. Even though there are some loafers that might have a very slight heel at the back, most loafers do not have any heel at all.
Loafers have their roots in Native American culture, a lot of loafers are very similar to traditional moccasins. Since that time, loafers have evolved significantly, and they come in numerous varieties.
Types of Loafers
While “loafers” is often used interchangeably with “slip-on,” the styles of loafers go far beyond this one distinguishing characteristic. In fact, there are 7 types of loafers, each with their own style characteristics ranging from casual, to semi-formal, to formal.
Their popularity is no shock to those who own loafers already. But if you are wondering what the hype is all about here are some of the reasons why people love their loafers so much:
- Versatility: Loafers are among the most versatile shoes available. You can wear them to dress up or dress down. This means that you can wear them as you are lounging around the house, or you can wear them to the office, or both!
- Comfort: Comfortable men’s loafers are the standard for this style.. Because they do not have any laces, you don't need to worry about them feeling too tight around your feet, your foot has plenty of room to move around as you walk around town. You should not need to worry about getting any blisters.
- Ease of Use: Loafers take virtually no time to put on. If you are looking for a shoe you can get on and off quickly, loafers are the way to go. If you want to protect the heel of the loafer, you may want to use a shoe-horn, but overall loafers are incredibly easy to wear.
- Durability: Loafers are also very durable. Most of them are made out of quality materials that can stand up to wear and tear. You don't have to worry about replacing them every few months, and the best men's loafers could last for years.
- Variety: Regardless of the style of loafer you are looking for, there is probably an option for you. You can find formal loafers, casual loafers, and everything in between in all colors.
If you are looking for a comfortable shoe that you can wear just about anywhere, loafers might be the way to go. At the same time, because there are so many options available, you might be wondering which loafers are best for you.
How Do You Choose the Best Men’s Loafer?
If you are looking for the men’s loafers, you might have a hard time deciding which ones are best for you. Because there are so many choices available, you need to think about a few important factors. Remember that the best loafers for one person or not necessarily the right pair for somebody else. However, there are a number of things you should consider when choosing which shoe fits your lifestyle and needs best.
The first thing you need to consider as you are looking for loafers is the materials that are being used. The materials are going to dictate the quality of the shoe, so you need to take a close look at what is used to make the loafers. You might even be interested in loafers that have been made out of Merino wool. If you are looking for quality loafers made from the best materials, consider Rothy’s driving shoes. They have been made from some of the best materials available, using sustainable methods that protect the environment.
Next, you need to pay attention to the outsole. The outsole is an incredibly important part of the loafer because it will dictate the fit around your foot while also receiving the brunt of the stress. If you do not select a loafer with a good outsole, it will wear out quickly. You may want to take a look at a few reviews to see what people have to say, and if you have the opportunity to do so, try out the shoe for yourself.
Of course, you also need to think about your own personal style. Are you looking for a pair of black loafers or a pair of brown ones? Are you looking for loafers that do not have a heel? Or, are you looking for loafers with a low heel? Do you want loafers that have tassels on them? These are all things to consider before you purchase a new pair.
You should also think about the durability of the loafer. How long does it usually last? Even though this can be difficult to predict, you may want to talk to a few other people to see what their experiences have been like. You might even want to take a look at a few third-party reviews. Make sure you find a loafer that is durable.
Finally, think about the main purpose of these loafers in your life. How are you going to be using them? If you simply want a pair of men’s shoes you can wear around town, you might be looking for something a bit more casual. Or, you might be looking for a pair of loafers you can bring on vacation with you. You might even say that it had a bit of a more formal look to them so that you can wear them to work. Think about how you plan on wearing the loafers.
If you think about these factors, you should be able to find the right pair of loafers to meet your needs.
How do you style loafers?
If you want to style loafers, it is important to think about some of the best men's accessories. The first thing you need to think about is the belt you will wear with the loafers. If you plan on wearing loafers, the belt has to match. This means that if you wear brown loafers, you need to wear a brown belt. If you plan on wearing black loafers, you need to wear a black belt.
It is also perfectly fine to wear loafers with shorts, as long as you are going to a location where it is acceptable to wear shorts. Finally, you might want to finish off your look with a pair of sunglasses or a watch. Try to match the sunglasses and watch to the belt, socks, and shoes. Even though these accessories have a bit more flexibility, you do want them to match the rest of your style.
In the end, if you are looking for a pair of comfortable men's loafers, these are a few of the most important factors you need to consider. Keep in mind that everyone has their personal style, and you need to think about what is right for you.
If you are looking for the best men’s sneakers or loafers available, take a look at the selection from Rothy’s today. We take great pride in the variety of our selection and the quality of the materials that we use, so we are confident that you can find a pair of loafers for your needs. Take a look at our selection today!