At Rothy’s, we take sustainability seriously—and that means more than using recycled plastic water bottles to make our shoes. We take pride in being environmentally conscious in all aspects of our business, which means the way our shoes come to you is just as important as the shoes themselves. We’re always striving for zero waste, so our goal is to only use recycled and renewable materials in our packaging. Consider it another step toward reducing your carbon footprint in style.
Package Makes Perfect:
- This is not your average box. Our shoe boxes are strong enough to be shipped alone, which means no box-in-a-box shipping.
- Our vegan and biodegradable shoe boxes are made from 85% post-consumer recycled materials. Both the cards and the box are 100% recyclable, and the box is resealable so no tape is needed during the returns process.
- No detail is too small. All of our shoe boxes are sealed with a recycled Rothy’s signature blue ribbon.
Ship Ship Hooray:
- For every mile our shoes travel, Carbon Fund helps us offset the fossil fuels we use for shipping.
- Our credits directly benefit the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil and the reduction of pollution and conversion of biofuels in the U.S.
- We are proud to report that Rothy's offset 9,775 tons of carbon in 2019.
We believe every aspect of our business should be good for the planet. This is why we infuse sustainability into everything we possibly can, even our packaging and shipping. Here’s to reducing our impact on the earth, one Rothy’s shoe box at a time.
Like this informative Eco Alert? Keep an eye out for more planet-friendly posts during Earth Month.