When you juggle many different roles and responsibilities, you don’t have time to let uncomfortable shoes slow you down. While wedges or ankle booties might look chic, they’re bound to leave you tired after running around all day.
Luckily, there is an answer to the eternal dilemma of staying comfortable without compromising style. If you haven’t discovered the secret already, it’s time for you to get a pair of flats.
A good pair of flats is just like a little black dress—versatile, classy, and always handy in a pinch. And there’s no need to change shoes throughout the day to fit different occasions when the same pair can accommodate any level of wardrobe change, from yoga pants to ball gowns.
When Can I Wear Flats?
You might not believe it’s possible that you could have just one shoe to get you through all your different daily tasks. But we’re determined to make a believer out of you. Check out these various occasions during which flats can enhance your outfit while carrying you through any challenge life might throw your way.
If you leave for the office in the morning worried about having chafed ankles and pinched toes by lunchtime, then it’s probably time to ditch the stilettos.
Flats will give you the perfect blend of comfort and professionalism to get your job done with confidence. Ever heard the saying, “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have?” It stands true whether you’re an intern or the CEO, and the right pair of flats will help polish up your professional wardrobe.
If you’re used to wearing high heels at work, you can keep that same professional powerhouse look by opting for Rothy’s Point flats to let your coworkers know your shoes are as sharp as your mind. Flats with a pointed toe will elongate the leg line and give your outfit an elegant look that is perfect for an office environment.
Take a look at the work clothes in your wardrobe right now and try creating these looks:
- Pair a pointed toe flat in a neutral color with a classic black pencil skirt and patterned blouse.
- Choose colorful flats as a pop of color when wearing neutral trousers and a sophisticated blazer.
- Work in a more casual office environment? Cuff the bottom of your jeans to show off a fun patterned flat that pairs with a color in your favorite tee.
No matter if you work in a boardroom or a brewery, flats combine comfort with professionalism so you can focus on taking your career to the next level.
When you’re getting ready for a first date, you might gravitate towards the black pumps you only break out on special occasions. But are they actually going to add to your outfit, and could they take away from the overall date experience?
It might seem like a strange question to ask, but consider this scenario: dinner goes great, and your date suggests you play a round of mini-golf to continue the romantic evening. Your high heels might complement that LBD perfectly, but they probably won’t help your golf swing.
Wearing flats on a date will leave room for you to be swept off your feet by spontaneous plans. Not only are they an adorable way to round off an outfit, the flexibility of a flat will let you embark on any romantic adventure your heart desires.
Still think you can’t possibly look date-worthy wearing flats? Try these knock-out looks that are sure to impress:
- Pair dark flats with curve-hugging skinny jeans, a cute Boho top, and a long metallic necklace.
- Emulate the girl-next-door look with cherry red flats, a flowy sundress, and a jean jacket.
- Try pairing geometric patterned flats with a neutral colored romper and your favorite hoop earrings.
Dates are all about first impressions, so you’ll want to put your best foot forward when searching for your soulmate. Flats are the perfect shoe to guide you down the path to romance, and you’ll look darn cute while you’re getting there.
Are you the queen of juggling grocery bags, walking your dog, and talking on the phone all at the same time? Give yourself a round of applause for your multitasking skills, and then get yourself a pair of flats to support you during all those errands.
When you’re going to the store and checking off boxes on a never-ending to-do list, it’s easy to just slip on a pair of flip-flops and get in the car. But when you’re running around all day like the total boss that you are, your feet need a little extra love and support to help you keep going.
That’s where Rothy’s Loafers come in. These flats are perfect for a busy day of errands because they give your feet full coverage and support while offering chic, casual comfort.
The next time you have a full list of chores to get done, consider these outfits:
- Pair a patterned Loafer with capri jeans, your favorite band T-shirt, and a baseball hat.
- Is it hot outside? Pull on some shorts, a tank top and light-colored Loafers to beat the heat.
- Go straight from running errands to the gym by pairing dark Loafers with workout leggings and a lightweight shirt.
Comfort is critical when you have a busy day ahead of you, but there’s no reason to sacrifice style as you run around town. Flats are the answer to a long day of to-dos—and you’ll still be looking as chic as can be.
Much like at the office, flats are often overlooked as the solution to maximizing both comfort and style when having a fun night out.
Whether it’s a happy hour with coworkers or a bachelorette party in Vegas, you’ll want shoes that won’t distract you from being fully in the moment. Break out your cutest pair of flats on your night out to keep your dancing feet happy until the sun comes up.
The next time you plan to hit the club with your girlfriends or explore a new bar, try these outfits with flats:
- Pointed black flats pair perfectly with a dark cocktail dress to give you a modern and elegant look.
- Get that country twist when you pair together colorful flats, a jean miniskirt, and an oversized flannel shirt tied at the hips.
- Dress up a solid colored romper with leopard-print flats and plenty of bracelets to make a statement.
If clubbing isn’t your scene, these looks would also be perfect for sipping a glass of wine at a cozy wine bar or enjoying a concert at a local venue. Wherever you like to unwind after the day, flats should be your go-to pair of shoes to get you there.
See the world in your favorite pair of flats, and make running from museums to monuments more comfortable than it’s ever been. Leave behind those bulky running shoes and stay fashion-forward when you’re traveling, even if you’re logging in upwards of 10 miles a day taking in all the sights.
Not only does the comfort of a good pair of flats put you in the right mindset for learning about new cultures, but your fellow travelers are probably going to be asking where you got them. The Rothy’s Flat with a rounded toe is the perfect addition to your carryon.
Before hopping on the plane, throw on one of these comfy outfits:
- Pair a navy blue flat with black yoga pants and a comfy T-shirt to stay cozy during your transatlantic flight.
- Grab a pair of black flats to pair with your LBD for dinner at your hotel’s fancy restaurant.
Don’t be late to class because your uncomfortable shoes are slowing you down! School is tough enough as it is, so picking out shoes in the morning should not be another difficult decision.
Whether it be a high school diploma or a PhD certificate, a pair of flats will never hinder you on your path to a degree. Trekking across campus, pacing the library while you study, and jumping for joy after passing a test are all just a few of the moments you’ll have as a student where you’re grateful for your trusty flats.
The long school hours mean you’ll need a shoe that can keep you going from the classroom to late-night study sessions with your peers. Can you guess what type of shoe that might be? Yep, the almighty flat!
Crush your homework and personal style with some of these school-approved looks:
- Pull together some dark flats, corduroy pants, and a fun graphic tee if you run with the artsy crowd.
- Try a bright colored flat with a floral sundress and cardigan to complement your English degree.
- Pair dark jeans with a comfy knit sweater and flats in a complimentary color if you’re spending long evenings working in the lab.
Being a student means you’re constantly learning new things, so now’s the time to learn that flats are the key to having stylish and hassle-free outfits during your school career. Memorize that, and you’ll ace the final exam.
Formal occasions, like an award ceremony or a gala, don’t come around that often, so we know you want your outfit to be just right. Even though you might often see heels on the red carpet, flats are actually the well-kept secret to formal events.
Both a unique fashion choice and a comfortable decision that will ensure you can stay for the after party, flats are a bold take on traditional formal footwear. Keep in mind, your shoes should never upstage your outfit when you’re dressed for a special occasion—but they should also work as the final finishing touch.
If you’re stuck on what to wear to your next formal event, here are a few outfit suggestions:
- Pair brightly colored flats with a sparkly cocktail dress— you’ll be sure to stand out in a crowd.
- Try a solid colored floor-length gown and patterned flats to add a pop of intrigue.
- Wear light pink flats with a tulle skirt and a crop top for a modern twist on a ballerina.
So have we convinced you that flats are the all-round perfect shoe? Their versatility, comfort, and classic style make them an ideal choice for wherever the day takes you. And the best part? Rothy’s just might have the best selection of comfortable, sustainable, and fashion-forward flats out there. Don’t take our word for it though—slip them on and find your perfect fit for any occasion.